Moving To The Cloud?
Public cloud. Private cloud. Hybrid cloud. Whether your business is small, midsized, or an international conglomerate, you’ve probably heard of the cloud – or even considered a cloud of your own. With cloud computing spend expected to increase by 42%, it is easy to see that companies are quickly embracing the possibilities of a cloud-based future. But before you go all in on the cloud, consider a few things that will help you get the most value from your cloud. It is more than infrastructure, workloads, and data, you need to make sure the entire cloud strategy fits your business’ needs.
Cloud adoption requires strategic thinking and efficient execution. The key is knowing the best route to the cloud, setting the right priorities, and executing your plans efficiently. With an integrated approach to planning, deployment, and adoption, you can create the perfect cloud landscape to meet your businesses’ requirements. You can accelerate your move to the cloud and create a secure, highly scalable global IT environment that allows you to innovate and simplify while boosting productivity, lowering costs, and delivering more value.
Five questions to ask before choosing the “perfect cloud”
It’s not enough you’ve installed the right platform and applications and enlisted the help of services and support. It’s important that they all work together in harmony – consistently and with high availability. If you choose the wrong cloud approach, it’s not just money you’ve wasted; it’s time and opportunities.
Here are five key questions you should consider when making a decision about your cloud approach:
- Does it complement my business practices? When technology is closely and flexibly integrated with everything in the business, business operations and your employees can run efficiently and without disruption.
- What level of maintenance is required? Reliable maintenance, upgrades, and support help you stay focused on your business, not your technology. At the same time, it must be effortless, cost-effective, and seamless.
- Is it secure? Preserving your capital and data security and reducing expenses are paramount. A set of services that consistently monitor and maintain your services is an insurance policy you cannot forget.
- Will my employees openly embrace it? Technology tailored to specifically complement your team’s approach to work helps ensure the highest level of adoption and performance. For example, if the cloud prevents your field reps from accessing the information they need when they need it, they’ll find an alternative to get it – and it won’t be your cloud.
- Does it enable me to add value to my business’ future? No matter the industry and size, staying ahead of the competition is all about innovation. Your chosen cloud option should be capable of helping you create flexible business models to serve customers better, increase revenue, and reduce expenses.