Today (Wednesday 8 March) is International Women’s Day
The theme this year is #BeBoldForChange and so far 17,107 have signed up to take action towards supporting change for diversity.
The call on International Women’s Day is to help forge a better working world – a more gender inclusive world.
How to #BeBoldForChange?
International Women’s Day website suggests 5 ways that you can step up and #BeBoldForChange:
- Challenge bias and inequality by querying all male groups, challenging gender stereotypes and embracing inclusive leadership
- Campaigning against violence by educating and endorsing positive relationships
- Forge women’s advancement by buying from progressive companies who support women, measuring and reporting on the gender pay gap and building inclusive and flexible working environments
- Celebrating women’s achievement by raising visibility across media, driving recognition and credit for women’s contributions and applauding female role models
- Champion women’s education by celebrating female researchers and inventors and encouraging more girls into STEM education and careers and learning to code
I am a woman who works in the tech industry. But my background is in media. I can honestly say that I have challenged myself, stretched outside my comfort zone and learned a massive amount since I joined Cofficient Ltd.
A few years ago, I never would have thought that I could discuss APIs and software integrations with clients, let alone customise a cloud based ERP system. I am using technology in a way I never thought I could. And even better, I am helping my customers do the same.
I couldn’t have achieved it if Paul Grant at Cofficient Ltd hadn’t taken a leap of faith when he brought me on board.
And, of course, it’s a two way street, as I add value to the team by filling skills gaps in the business.
I am pleased to say that I work for an inclusive employer. I am pleased to work in a diverse office, where I count French, Bosnian and Slovakians as my colleagues and friends. I am pleased to work for a forward thinking company who offer flexible working so that all employees can achieve what they need to across work and life.
The #BeBoldForChange campaign is supported by some of the world’s leading companies: BP, PepsiCo, Vodafone and European Bank to name a few.
But little ripples make big waves, and I’m glad Cofficient is prepared to cast a stone.
Put Gender on Your Agenda
Latest research suggests that progress, at it’s current rate, will rectify gender disparity in about 170 years and 10 months. I think it’s time everyone put gender on the agenda.
Tell me about the ways your company supports gender diversity in the work place?
Written by Emma Stewart – Sales & Marketing Director at Cofficient Ltd
To talk to someone about how Cofficient Ltd can transform your business through cloud based software get in touch